Printpix – A photo booth printing
Printpix is the printing solution for Touchpix. Check the compatible printers list.
How to connect it to Touchpix
- Connect the printer to the print box using the printer’s USB cable.
- A power adaptor is supplied with the print box. Use it to power up the print box.
- Connect your device to the print’s box wifi. To join it, you can either:
- Scan the QR code on top of your print box.
- Go to your device’s wifi settings and enter the password manually.
- Open your Touchpix app.
- Tap on the upper left menu icon followed by tapping ‘Settings’.
- Navigate to the ‘Printer’ section using the left and right arrows and, there, select ‘Printpix box’.
- Tap the ‘Connect’ button. If the connection is established the button will switch to a ‘Disconnect’ text.
- Select your printer by clicking on the ‘Printer’ dropdown.
- We recommend enabling the ‘Automatic paper selection’ toggle. It will automatically cut your 4×6″ strip photo into two 2×6″ photos when you’re using a strip template.
- Add margins if you desire.
- Start some photo sessions and, enjoy almost instant printings!
Make sure your printing options are enabled to be able to use Printpix. To do so:
- Log in to Touchpix.com and visit your events page.
- Look for your event’s name or number. On that row, find the gear button under the ‘Manage’ header.
- Click on ‘Manage event’ (gear button), then on the ‘Edit event’ button (paper & pencil icon).
- Scroll to the ‘Printing’ section, click on the dropdown list and select ‘Auto printing’. Then, toggle on the ‘Print button’.
- Scroll down to the ‘Sharing’ section and toggle on the ‘In-app gallery sharing’. This will allow you to visit your gallery and make more copies from there.
Note: Printpix is a print box that works with the Touchpix app, it will not work for other apps.
How to print more copies
- Once you’ve finished a session and you’re on the sharing screen still, you can click the printer icon to print more copies.
- If a customer asks you for more copies later on… do not worry! Visit your gallery, select the photo you want to print then tap the print button. You’ll be asked how many copies you want, tap ‘Print’ and they’ll be printed.
Printpix is widely compatible, the printer box supports a wide variety of printer brands: HITI, DNP, Sinfonia, Citizen, Mitsubishi, FujiFilm, Sony, & Shinko.
- An Apple device such as iPhone or iPad.
- A compatible printer with its USB cable.
- A Printpix box with its power cable.