Connecting your GoPro in wired mode (recommended)
The Touchpix app allows you to connect your GoPro in wired mode. This integration supports the GoPro 10 and 11 Black Series only.
Using a GoPro in wired mode is ideal since the file transfer speed is higher compared to the WiFi/Bluetooth connection. The wired connection does not require a WiFi connection, allowing you to upload files while using the GoPro in the recording device.
The GoPro firmware version needs to be up-to-date or >= 1.30.00 (Hero 10), >= 1.12.00 (Hero 11) and >= 1.10.00 (Hero 12), at least.
We recommend getting a ‘Lightning to USB Camera’ adapter from Apple if you use an iPhone or an iPad with a lightning connection (do NOT use the powered lightning to USB camera adapter). We recommend using a USB-C to USB-A camera connector if you use an iPad pro with a USB-C connection and an adaptor (a USB-C to USB-C cable for a direct connection is also valid).
- Open the Touchpix app and click on the top left menu icon.
- Tap on ‘Camera’ and go to ‘GoPro’ followed by pressing the ‘Connect to GoPro’ button.
- This menu lists the GoPro’s available within Bluetooth range. If you see no GoPro available press the ‘Refresh’ button or check your Bluetooth connection.
- Tap on the GoPro you wish to connect, connect the USB cable to the USB adapter and connect the USB adapter to the iPhone or iPad. Wait until the GoPro screen displays ‘USB connected’.
- Select ‘Wired (GoPro 10, 11 & 12)’ option and enjoy your wired GoPro connection!
Experiencing issues while connecting the GoPro? Visit our troubleshooting tutorial.
Note: Do not lock the device, otherwise the wired connection will fail after a few minutes and reconnection will be needed.