How to Setup a Sharing Station
The sharing station is our method to transfer files from one device to another, usually from the recording to the sharing devices, respectively. You can set as many sharing stations as you wish.
We have two methods of settings up a sharing station: the Sender/Receiver (Bluetooth / wifi method) and the recommended Online Sync method (internet sync).
Uses Bluetooth to transfer files between devices. It does not require an internet connection but the transfer speeds are very slow (~0.2 MB/s).
- Open the Touchpix app on both devices.
- Tap on the ‘Gallery’ button in the upper-right corner on both devices. If you do not see it go to your event settings, on Touchpix.com, and activate the in-app gallery. (How to?)
- Press the ‘S’ button in the upper-left corner on both devices.
- Click on the ‘Receiver’ text for the sharing station devices. For the recording device press the ‘Sender’ button followed by tapping the name of the sharing station you wish to transfer data to.
- Files will start to transfer.
Note: Large files will need several minutes to transfer. Do not panic if files are not transferring immediately (30 MB files do need 2-3 minutes).
We have the ‘Online Sync’ method that transfers the files from the camera device to the sharing station over the internet.
- Open the Touchpix app on your sharing station.
- Tap on the ‘Gallery’ button in the upper-right corner.
- Click on the ‘Online Sync’ button.
- All files uploaded to the web gallery will start downloading to your sharing station.
Notes: The recording device MUST be connected to the internet to upload the files to the web gallery after each session.
A wireless connection such as the GoPro (uses wifi) hinders the Online Sync function. You’ll need mobile phone data to upload files via LTE/3G/4G. That’s why we have the wired GoPro connection.